Saturday, October 12, 2013

war

Some days I feel like I am trying to consume war and other times I feel like it is consuming me. This morning I awoke to the news that a friend of mine's husband attempted suicide last night. He is a veteran, of course. Tonight he is in inpatient care at the VA. I am relieved for him and his wife. He has needed inpatient care for a long time. When he was ready for treatment before, the VA wouldn't admit him. When the VA was willing to admit him, he was unwilling to go. Now, finally, he is getting the help he desperately needs.

I hope it helps.

I was raised liberal and anti-war. I am still, generally, anti-war, but I understand there are more shades of gray than I could possibly see and I am glad I am not in charge of making decisions about war. So it is bewildering that my life revolves around war. It is exhausting that my life revolves around war.

No comments:

Post a Comment