Saturday, July 20, 2024

funny

A few months ago, I was complaining, every morning, about the task of getting dressed for class. It seemed like such effort to pick out clothes and put them on. What did I want to wear? What was the weather going to be like when I was going to be outside? When had I last done laundry? Had I already worn a specific shirt this week or month? Was I wearing the same shirt every Tuesday?

It's funny, odd funny, not ha ha funny, because after a few months passed, and I was having to get dressed every day for an externship and I don't remember complaining. It was a different set of clothes - slacks, blouses, cardigans, instead of jeans, t-shirts, hoodies - and I got dressed quickly so I could grab breakfast quickly and get to the hospital quickly.

Then I got rear-ended, while wearing slacks and a blouse. And I cancelled my life.

It's funny, odd funny, not ha ha funny, because I shut my whole life down mere weeks before the whole world shut down anyway. I withdrew from my externship. I took a medical leave of absence from my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment